What is TrustMark?
TrustMark is the Government Endorsed Quality Scheme, covering work a consumer chooses to have carried out in their home. When a homeowner uses a TrustMark Registered Business, they know they are engaging an organisation that has been thoroughly vetted to meet required standards, and who is committed to good customer service, technical competence and trading practices.
Following the Each Homes Count review the TrustMark scheme was chosen as the route to provide homeowners with reassurance and protection from rogue traders, and as such it is the only Government endorsed scheme for domestic trades.
The scheme is underpinned by the Framework Operating Requirements, a robust Customer Charter and Code of Conduct that member companies must follow and ensures that they are working to the highest standards. TrustMark members are subject to initial and ongoing assessment and surveillance visits to check that they continue to meet all of the requirements.
Certified members of CIGA can apply for TrustMark Registration, allowing them to demonstrate their commitment to the highest professional standards.
What are the benefits?
By using a TrustMark Registered business homeowners can be confident that they will enjoy benefits including:
- Government Endorsed Quality
- Robust consumer protection
- The TrustMark Online Directory to find a reputable local trades person
- Competent and Quality work backed by Guarantees.
- A Customer Charter providing a simple uniform customer journey
- Trading Standards Integration to help keep you safe from scams
- Free advice and information
- Verified consumer reviews from previous customers on the TrustMark website
Further information including a list of the trades covered and the ability to search for a registered business is available on the TrustMark website www.trustmark.org.uk.