What it Covers
The CIGA Guarantee covers defects in materials or workmanship and any concerns will be investigated and and defects rectified free of charge.
- Any claim under the Guarantee must be notified to CIGA within 25 years of the installation date.
- All problems relating to the installation must be reported to the installer as soon as practicable and CIGA must be informed if the matter is not resolved satisfactorily within 2 months.
- The guarantee is not valid if the insulation has been altered or disturbed.
- Your statutory rights are not affected by the guarantee.
- The guarantee remains valid for subsequent owners or occupiers of the property.
- The maximum value of rectification work is currently £20,000.
These notes are for general guidance only, and you should refer to the CIGA guarantee for precise details of the cover on your installation.
Change of Ownership
If you already have CWI backed by the protection of the 25 year CIGA Guarantee then you should only need to contact us if you think you have a problem.
CIGA can provide confirmation of cover or a duplicate Guarantee for Sellers who have not been able to produce the original Document*.
* Duplicate guarantees are £42.00 inclusive of VAT
Please contact CIGA on 01525 853300 in the first instance to confirm a guarantee is held for your property and for methods of payment.
Please note cash payment will not be accepted and shall be returned. CIGA does not store credit/debit card information.
Frequently asked questions
Do you have any queries regarding the guarantee that aren’t covered here? Check out CIGA’s Frequently Asked Questions page for more information about the guarantee and more.