What it Covers
A copy of our leaflet describing how the CIGA Guarantee provides assurance can be downloaded here.
The CIGA Guarantee covers defects in materials or workmanship and any concerns will be investigated and and defects rectified free of charge.
- Any claim under the Guarantee must be notified to CIGA within 25 years of the installation date.
- All problems relating to the installation must be reported to the installer as soon as practicable and CIGA must be informed if the matter is not resolved satisfactorily within 2 months.
- The guarantee is not valid if the insulation has been altered or disturbed.
- Your statutory rights are not affected by the guarantee.
- The guarantee remains valid for subsequent owners or occupiers of the property.
- The maximum value of rectification work is currently £20,000.
These notes are for general guidance only, and you should refer to the CIGA guarantee for precise details of the cover on your installation.
Change of Ownership
If you already have CWI backed by the protection of the 25 year CIGA Guarantee then you should only need to contact us if you think you have a problem.
However, although the Guarantee is transferable on sale of a property, we can provide confirmation of cover or a duplicate Guarantee for Sellers who have not been able to produce the original Document*.
Similarly, although not required, if you have purchased a new home with CWI covered by a CIGA Guarantee and prefer to have this registered in your own name, we can arrange for our records to be amended and an updated Guarantee to be issued*.
* An administrative charge of £10 inclusive of VAT is made for duplicate or updated Guarantees which can be requested by contacting us on